Knowl Street, Stoke upon Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:This is a view north along Knowl Street from close to its junction with Shelton Old Road. The buildings on the left are associated with Our Lady of Lourdes and St Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Boys' School built in 1914. In the far distance is just visible part of the roof of St Dominic's Convent in Hartshill. The Convent and schools occupied a large area from Hartshill Road to Knowl Street. The building on then left was also known as the Northcote Memorial School. Dr James Northcote was priest-in-charge at St Dominics in the latter half of the nineteenth century. The school buildings have been demolished. St Thomas Aquinas Catholic Primary School is now located a short distance away in North Street.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/010-03 (204/32962)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.