Pool Dole Inn, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1964

Description:The Pool Dole Inn stood on the corner of Fenpark Road and Hulse Street. Pool Dole was the name of this area of Fenton, in 1924 consisting only of Hulse Street and neighbouring Pool Street. The original building and surrounding houses have been demolished and redeveloped as an estate with an "estate public house". The old houses dated from the 1870s and served the nearby Pool Dole colliery and brickworks. Many in the photograph are derelict, awaiting demolition.

Related themes:

Public Houses Public Houses
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/207-23 (204/39408)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.