Mausoleum for the Dukes of Sutherland, Trentham

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:August 1964

Description:Trentham Park Mausoleum stands opposite the site of the original main gates to Trentham Park. This is the view from Stone Road (A34). The grade 1 listed building was finished in 1808 and built for George Leveson-Gower, the Marquis of Stafford's (later Duke of Sutherland) family.

The massive stone (ashlar) built neo-classical building was designed by Charles Tatham, who also designed the Park entrance gates opposite and the Orangery at Trentham Hall. It stands in what is now Trentham Cemetery.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/162-09 (204/38255)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.