Myott & Sons' Alexander Pottery, Crane Street, Cobridge

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:November 1963

Description:Myott & Sons Alexander Pottery stood at the bottom of Crane Street, off Waterloo Road in Cobridge. Crane Street was called Arthur Street until renaming in the 1950s. The works have been demolished but the gate posts still stand at the end of the street. The terraced houses, with an original gas street lamp post, date from the early 1900s and still stand.

The Myott & Sons operated the Alexander Pottery from 1902, rebuilding an existing works. The company became part of Alfred Meakin's and later the Churchill Group who retained the Crane Street site in 2000. The works, apart from the gate posts, have since been demolished.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/124-15 (204/35733)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.