Electric Tramcar, Moorland Road, Burslem.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1920 - 1921 (c.)

Description:An electric tram belonging to the Potteries Electric Traction Company. This tram ran between Burslem and Smallthorne via Moorland Road.

It would pass Burslem railway station and Burslem Municipal Park.

At the top of the hill at Smallthorne, was the terminus, with a punch-clock for the conductor to 'clock in'.

The Big House behind the tram was built for John and Thomas Wedgwood in 1751.

The photograph was taken by Mr. W T Vickers. It was kindly donated to the museum by his family.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(5/7073)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.