Ford Green Hall, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1946 - 1947 (c.)

Description:Ford Green Hall was commissioned by Hugh Ford, a wealthy yeoman farmer, in 1624.
Ford Green was situated in the ancient parish of Norton-le-Moors and in the early seventeenth century was meadow in the Biddulph valley.
A porch was added around 1630 and brick extensions built in 1728 and 1734. The older building is of wattle & daub manufacture. This was a process using woven twigs and branches together with manure.
The hall was converted into three separate dwellings in the 19th century and occupied by miners. It was purchased by the council in 1946 and opened as museum in 1952.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(5/6660)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.