Looking south from Fenton Manor Station, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:April 1963

Description:This was the view from the footbridge south of Fenton Manor Station looking towards Fenton. The station was opened in 1889 as part of the North Staffordshire Railway branch lines to Leek and Biddulph. It was closed in May 1956. Access to the station was from Victoria Road. Just beyond the line are the furnaces of the brass and iron foundry and behind that the Stoke on Trent Workshops for the Blind buildings. The houses to the right are on Herbert Street, off what is now City Road.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/216-05 (204/39859)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.