Minerva China Works, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:1967 - 1969 (c.)

Description:The Minerva Works, established in 1801, stood on Park Street in Fenton. One of the earliest occupiers was Mason & Co (producers of patent Ironstone China). From the 1830s until 1889 the works were operated by the Green family, often in partnership with others. Crown Staffordshire took over the works from 1889 and the name continued until 1985.
The works were demolished in 2001 and the site is now housing. Just above the window is a date stone (1906), when part of the works were rebuilt.

Minerva Works produced high quality porcelain figures and animals and later specialised in bone china.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/214-12 (204/39814)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.