Shelley Pottery, King Street, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1962

Description:The Shelley pottery stood on the north side of King Street close to the junction with Hollings Street. Prior to 1910 the company traded as Foley China. Most of the works have been demolished although the building in the centre with the Shelley name still stands. The Foley Pottery dates back to the 1820s. Joseph Shelley joined the business as a salesman in the 1860s and by 1872 was a partner. Shelleys became the trading name in the 1920s, by 1971 it had been absorbed into the Royal Doulton Group. The company specialised in quality tea sets and nursery ware.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/212-05 (204/39559)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.