Queen Street Schools, Fenton.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:April 1963

Description:Today Queen Street is called Burnham Street and runs northwards off King Street in Fenton. The school was at the top of the street at the junction with Brocksford Street. The buildings have been demolished and the site has been cleared.
Known also as Fenton Junior and Infants' School, this was originally the Queen Street Board School opened in 1896 (there is a date stone over the right hand windows). Just behind the gas lamp is a tablet inscribed SSB: Stoke School Board.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/212-02 (204/39556)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.