Stokeville, Regent Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:August 1964

Description:This is the view up Regent Street from close to the junction within London Road. At the top is Munster Terrace, formerly West Street. This area of London Road was developed as part of Stokeville from the 1850s onwards. By 1900 most of the houses in the photograph had been built. Most were semi-detached or detached houses. The houses were funded by the Stokeville Building Society, specifically set up to allow members to build and ultimately own their own home on the outskirts of Stoke.
The petrol station on the left is still a garage, although no longer selling petrol.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD14890/014-09 (204/39549)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.