Fenton Police Station, King Street, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1962

Description:Fenton Police Station: "The Canning". Fenton Police Station occupied buildings erected by the Improvement Commissioners in 1839 on Market Street (later King Street). The upper storey had a large meeting room and there were cells and a courtroom. the building to then left is thought tpo be the Police Inspector's house. At the time of the photograph it was had been in use as a china warehouse. the two adjoining buildings, originally dwellings were small shops. All the buildings were "To Let".

Canning Street still runs south off King Street and these three buildings were just to the west. All have been demolished.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/212-01 (204/39529)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.