Heron Cross Pottery. Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:April 1963

Description:This is the side of Heron Cross Pottery viewed from across the Stoke to Derby railway line. the photograph was taken from the lower slopes of the Fenton (Glebe) Colliery spoil tip. Chilton Street runs away from then camera. At the time of the photograph, the pottery was part of Crown Staffordshire China. Previously it had been operated by the Hines Brothers, who built the works in 1886, and Grimwades Ltd.
Apart from the enclosed oven at the front on Chilton Street, all the kilns have been demolished.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/211-22 (204/39511)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.