Ormonde Street, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1964

Description:Ormonde Street (formerley Handley Street) off Duke Street in Fenton. In the background is the pit head gear of Fenton (Glebe) Colliery and to the left, its spoil tip. The building on the right hand side of the photograph is the edge of the Wilton Pottery, earthenware manufacturers. The landscaped spoil tip is now part of Glebedale Park and the rest of the colliery site, an industrial and business park.
The colliery opened in 1860 and closed in October 1964, less than a month after the photograph was taken.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/211-14 (204/39507)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.