Glebedale Road Collieries, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:April 1963

Description:The pit head gear and buildings of Glebe (Fenton) Collieries and Brickworks. This photograph was taken from Glebedale Road. Opening in 1865, the colliery was closed in 1964, soon after then photograph was taken. The shaft on the left, No 2 shaft, went down over 700 metres and the one on the right nearly 830 metres. This is now the site of an industrial estate and Glebedale Park.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/210-18 (204/39492)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.