Furnace Farm, Fenton Park, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1964 - 1966 (c.)

Description:Furnace Farm was also known as Bailey's Farm and was on a lane that lead northwards off Fenpark Road. The name comes from nearby old iron furnaces. the two outbuildings on the right are thought to have been a blacksmith's shop. These two buildings still stand although derelict. Opposite the farm was a reservoir, now housing on Kelham Road and Shardlow Close.
the 1898 Ordnance Survey map has the buildings marked as "old iron works".

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/209-03 (204/39476)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.