Rubian's Art Pottery, Fenpark Road, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:December 1962

Description:The Rubian Art Pottery was at the western end of Fenpark Road at the junction with Vivian Road. This was the Park Works. Pottery had been produced on this site from at least the 1770s. The works became the Rubian Art Pottery in 1905, a part of the wartime Ministry of Supply and part of Grimwade's (earthenware and majolica producers). By the time this photograph was taken, the extensive site had been split up into smaller units including Casburt's metalworkers (to the right). The site is now housing. The public house on the left edge was the Holly Bush.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/208-08 (204/39412)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.