City Road, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:March 1965

Description:This photograph was taken from the corner of Standard Street and City Road, looking westwards towards Stoke. On the extreme right hand edge is the Newtown public house (then Newtown House). On the left hand side the first houses date from 1900 but the remainder are all 1930s. Most of the buildings still stand.

Just beyond the houses is the bridge carrying City road (previously known as High Street East) over the Biddulph and Leek branch railway line. Dimly in the far distance beyond the electricity pylons is the railway bridge over City road carrying the main railway line.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/205-19 (204/39231)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.