Fountain Street and City Road, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:March 1965

Description:This is the crossroads on City Road in Fenton. Fountain Street is off to the right with Glebedale Road in the foreground. City road runs across from left to right. On the right hand side are the kilns that belonged to James Kent. The three calcining kilns, grade II listed buildings, are all that remain of the flint mill operated by James Kent Ltd of the Old Foley Pottery. They date from around 1900 and stand in Kent's modern factory. The line of houses and shops dates from before 1880 and still stands although with different uses.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/205-17 (204/39229)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.