The Workshop for the Blind, City Road, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:March 1965

Description:The Workshops for the Blind stood back off the north side of City Road between Standard Street and Elsing Street. The main building and the detached house (Sanderson House) on the right still stand. Travers Court flats now occupy the cleared site in the foreground. The Workshops date from 1934 ( with an Art Deco frontage) and occupied the site of the former Rialto Pottery. Operated by the City Council, the workshops produced a range of good such as baskets, brushes, knitted goods, bedding as well as articles for the pottery trade. The business closed in 2011.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/205-14 (204/39227)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.