Paladin Works, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:1962 - 1964 (c.)

Description:The Paladin Works stood alongside the Stoke to Derby railway just outside Fenton Station, off Christchurch Street. The buildings in the photograph still stand today used by several small enterprises. To the left Smith's Pool is visible the other side of the railway line.

Originally built and owned by Edward Hughes from the 1880s as the Opal China Works producing bone chine cups saucers and tea sets. Apart from wartime closure, it continued to operate until 1953 when the company became part of the Ridgway Group who transferred work here from its Daisy bank works in Longton. Work ceased in 1964. Smith's Pool is a local Nature Reserve and fishing pool.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/205-09 (204/39190)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.