Blurton Primary Schools

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:September 1964

Description:In the foreground are the buildings of Blurton Junior and Infants' Schools, opened in 1948. To the left are more modern buildings, with the original "prefab" classroom to the right. The houses immediately behind are on Poplar Drive. The school is now the site of Meadows Primary Academy.

The photograph was taken from the open land to the west, the valley of the Longton Brook.
There seems to be a bonfire of furniture in the foreground!

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/210-19 (204/39183)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.