Malthouse Road, Bucknall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1964

Description:This photograph was taken from the corner of Ruxley Road looking southwards along Malthouse Road. On the corner is Malthouse County Infants' School and Library, opened in 1877 but now demolished. In the distance is the spoil tip of Mossfield Colliery with Adderley Green Colliery tip half hidden behind.

This top part of Malthouse Road was formerly known as Ubberley Road, which continues on south towards Brookhouse Green and the spoilt tips. The houses on this part of Malthouse Road date from after 1945.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/195-03 (204/38989)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.