Wagstaff & Brunt's Pottery, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:December 1962

Description:Wagstaff & Brunt's Richmond Pottery on the corner of March Road and King Street in Longton. March Road was known as Richmond Road until the 1950s. A 1908 advert for the company claimed that this was "...the cheapest house for Toilet Sets, Dinner Sets, Tea and Breakfast Set, Tea Pots, Flower Pots .......and all kinds of General and Decorated China and Earthenware". By the 1950s, there was more emphasis on catering ware. The company occupied the site from the 1880s.

At the rear are two stack or cone ovens, where the chimney sticks out through the roof of the factory. The red brick building, without the ovens, still stands latterly in use as a fitness centre.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/229-10 (204/38837)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.