Leo Samuels Pottery Works, King Street, Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1964

Description:The Boundary or California Works was built in 1819 in King Street, Longton and occupied by Jacob Marsh. Latterly operated by Leo Samuels Ltd, manufacturers of china and earthenware teapots and fancies. The grade II listed building is described as having an "Entrance range of 3 storeys, 5 bays with central projecting bay with segmentally-arched way to rear with Venetian style window over, and Diocletian window above. Pediment with heavy modillion cornice and date stone". This is thought to be one of the least altered early 19th Century pottery facades. Only the facade of the original works survives.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/229-09 (204/38816)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.