Looking out from from Fenton Park

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1964

Description:The view north west from Fenton Park. The greenhouses are partly hidden behind the trees on the left and Berry Hill spoil tip is on the right. St Marks Church tower in Shelton is in the centre of the photograph, with the spoil tips of Shelton and Hanley Collieries behind and to the right.

Right on the horizon is the spire of Wolstanton church with the winding towers of Wolstanton Colliery just visible.
At the end of the park path is J Hewitt's fireclay and brickworks.

Fenton Park built on the site of Broadfield Colliery, opened in 1924 and was doubled in size in the 1950s.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/214-08 (204/38748)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.