Neale Harrison Pottery in Majolica Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:Majolica Street was known as Wilson Street until the 1950s. The line of the short street is now buried beneath the A50 Potteries Way. Coming south from Market Street (now Huntbach Street), Majolica Street was a cul de sac running along the back of the Phoenix Chemical Works on Garth Street. The buildings at the far end might have been part of Thomas Harrison's Phoenix Works. Neale Harrison & Co had manufactured earthenware and china up to 1882 in Elm Street in Hanley . This works resulted after Thomas Harrison went into partnership with a relative, Neale Harrison from Australia.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/177-04 (204/38672)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.