Roman Catholic Church, Lower Foundry Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:The building on the left was originally the church of St Mary and St Patrick, opened in 1860. the present church of the Sacred Heart on Jasper Street was consecrated in 1911. The church in Lower Foundry Street continued to be used occasionally until around 1940 when it was sold. At the time of the photograph it was used as a warehouse by the Walpamur Company who manufactured water based emulsion paints. The building has since been demolished. Running across the bottom is Weaver Street with the Reliance Works visble.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/176-20 (204/38620)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.