Wood, Mitchell & Co. Printers, Lindop Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1960

Description:Until the 1950s Lindop Street was known as Park Street, connecting Bucknall New Road with Hillcrest Street. The printing works was halfway along on the left hand side. Today Lindop street has been cut in half and the print works replaced by a factory. There was a large works here from 1900.

Wood Mitchell & Co occupied the Oriel Works and were printers, bookbinders and publishers. The row of houses in the background are on the corner of Garth Street and Hillcrest Street.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/176-14 (204/38615)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.