Northwood C of E Junior and Infants school, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:Northwood Church of England Schools at the junction of Lower Mayer Street and Keelings Road (previously Keelings Lane). These were infants and junior schools opened originally in 1858-59. They were rebuilt and expanded in the 1880s. Lower Mayer Street runs in front of the school and the photographer was standing in Keelings Lane. On the extreme right hand side is the edge of the Wheatsheaf Stores public house. The school buildings have been demolished and the land used for housing.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/176-23 (204/38604)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.