Pottery Workers' Society offices, Hillcrest Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:September 1963

Description:The Pottery Workers' Society building dates from 1907 and stood in Hillcrest Street (then called Hill Street) on land that had once been part of the Old Hall Manufactory. The Society represented many years of trying to amalgamate pottery workers and the many small craft unions into one society. The last craft union joined in 1920. The building housed offices and was the residence of the secretary. This part of Hillcrest Street has been demolished.

Related themes:

Trade Unions Offices
View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/174-08 (204/38499)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.