Diamond Tile Company works, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:The Diamond Tile Company works was on the south side of Brook Street (later renamed Century Street) in Hanley. Brook Street runs across the middle of the photograph and the corner of Clarence Street (now demolished) is on the right hand edge. In the far distance, close to the left hand edge of the photograph is the spire of Wolstanton Church and the top of Wolstanton Colliery winding gear.

The Diamond Tile Company started by Harry Cliff in 1932 using the Diamond Pottery Company site. It evolved into a tile and fireplace retailer. The works has been demolished.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/169-16 (204/38385)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.