Staffordshire Water Board Offices, Albion Street, Hanley

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:October 1963

Description:The building with the flag pole was the Staffordshire Potteries Water Board offices at 37 Albion Street and the neighbouring building on the corner of Bethesda Street and Albion Street was originally built for the Potteries Savings Bank. The water board took over the bank building in 1889. On the far side further up Albion Street and set back, is Bethesda Methodist Chapel. The art deco building beyond was an accountant's offices.

The Italianate red brick building is grade II listed and dates from the 1850s.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/164-06 (204/38272)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.