The Mount, Penkhull

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:August 1964

Description:This is the original west facing front of the Mount, built by Josiah Spode II, around 1803. The rectangular stone and brick building had the semi-circular entrance way, with a sky light in the dome above. The estate and house was built on the site of Tittensor's farm. The front of the mansion faced not east towards Stoke and Spode's factories, but west towards Trentham and Clayton.

Later to become the North Staffordshire Blind and Deaf School, the site today houses The Willows Primary School.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/150-16 (204/38016)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.