The Mount, Penkhull

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:August 1964

Description:This is a view of the northern end of The Mount, between Penkhull and Hartshill. The buildings were originally the domestic quarters of Josiah Spode's 1803 mansion. The building became the North Staffordshire School for the Blind and Deaf in 1897 and The Willows Primary School in 2003. The Willows owes its name to Spode's willow pattern pottery and is the amalgamation of the Close Junior, Penkhull Infant and Penkhull Nursery Schools.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/150-19 (204/37999)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.