Prince's Road, Hartshill and the Royal Infirmary, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:August 1964

Description:The main entrance to the Royal infirmary is on the right. In the centre,beyond the entrance is the Outpatients Hall, dating from 1911, and the later King Edward II Memorial extension. Further down Prince's Road is the canopy over the entrance to the Accident & Emergency department. These departments have been relocated onto the old City General Hospital. Originally known as the North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary, the hospital moved from Etruria to the Prince's Road site in 1869. the land was part of The Mount estate. the hospital was renamed the North Staffordshire Royal Infirmary after the visit of King George V in 1925.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/142-10 (204/36236)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.