Stoke-on-Trent Police Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:July 1964

Description:The photograph shows the front of Stoke on Trent Police Station on Hartshill Road. The building has changed use to become site of the Coroner's Court and Chambers. This was a substation of the city force and the building became the Coroner's Court in 1965, moving from the previous site in Glebe Street.

The office of Coroner dates back to 1194. The present day role dates from 1887 when they were required to "determine the circumstances and the actual medical causes of sudden, violent and unnatural deaths for the benefit of the community as a whole."

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/141-02 (204/36227)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.