St Mathew's Church, Fenton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail.

Date:November 1962

Description:St Mathew's Church was in the wedge of land between Park Street (which is still called Park Street) and Park Road (now known as Fenpark Road) in Fenton. This is a view of the south side from Park Street. St Mathew's was built in 1882 as a mission church of Christchurch, Fenton. It was a Gothic style cruciform brick building. The white building on the left was the Holly Bush public house.

In the photograph the building is partly derelict, with a pigeon using the broken central window as a perch. The site is now housing around St Mathew's Court.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/213-02 (204/35678)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.