Burslem Town Hall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:December 1963

Description:The eastern end of the old Town Hall in Burslem and, in front, the gardens that were laid out in the 1960s. This part of the old Market Square used to be the site of the Market Hall and after the gardens, became the site for Ceramica.

The Town Hall building, Burslem's second, was built in 1854 in neo classical style. It is a grade II listed building. On top of the clock tower at the far end is the "Winged Angel": a gilded copper angel holding out a laurel wreath symbolising Civic Victory.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/103-12 (204/35369)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.