Doulton's factory, Enfield Street, Burslem

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:November 1963

Description:The rear of Doulton's factory on Enfield Street, off Chapel Lane in Burslem. Doulton's moved from London to Burslem in the 1870s and took over a small factory owned by Pinder, Bourne & Co. This was expanded over the years to the large factory on Nile Street. The photograph shows the rear of this works looking down towards Nile Street. The factory was granted a Royal warrant in 1901 to become Royal Doulton. The decline and demise of the company lead to demolition of the factory starting in 2008.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/097-14 (204/35331)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.