Richards Ceramic Tiles Ltd., Woodland Street, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:February 1964

Description:Henry Richards Tile Company occupied the Pinnox Woks from 1903. This is the main entrance at the eastern end of Woodland Street. Beyond the Richards works, to the right of the photograph, is the Woodland earthenware manufactory.
The Pinnox works concentrated on making tiles. The factory site is now a car park for a supermarket.

The first parked car is an Aston Martin DB2/4, on of 764 made in the mid to late 1950s. Behind is a Rover P5 saloon of the early 1960s.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/091-10 (204/35233)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.