Newfield branch line in Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:March 1964

Description:Looking north along the Newfield mineral line branch from the bridge over Furlong Road and the line curves away to the right to end at Newfield Wharf. The houses on the right are on Greenfield Road. Clanway Street is off to the right hand side. The line was a branch off the North Staffs Railway Potteries Loop Line with the junction was near Tunstall Park. The single track line served Newfield Pottery, Clanway Collieries and the local Adam's potteries and was closed in 1959. Today the line of the branch is marked by Clanway Greenway, a foot, cycle and bridleway.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/080-24 (204/35012)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.