Newfield Wharf, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:March 1964

Description:Newfield Wharf was at the end of the Newfield mineral ranch off the Potteries Loop Line. The line ended just north of Adams Avenue and stopped short of High Street. Originally built to carry raw materials for the Newfield Pottery,the branch closed in 1959. From Newfield the line ran parallel to Clanway Street, crossed Furlong Road by a bridge and joined the Loop Line near Tunstall Park.

The photograph was taken from High Street looking east: the bridge in the distance carried Adams Avenue over the line and lead to Clanway Colliery. Industry occupies the wharf site today.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/080-22 (204/34980)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.