Pinnox sidings, Tunstall

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:March 1964

Description:The view south from the Greenbank Road railway bridge towards Pinnox Sidings and Scotia Road. The tower of St Paul's Church, Burslem is just to the left of the centre chimney.

Pinnox sidings served the mineral railway from Chatterley Whitfield Colliery and was connected to the short Pinnox Branch line (opened in 1875) which connected the main line at Longport to the Potteries Loop Line at Tunstall Junction. The Pinnox branch was closed in February 1964.

The houses on the right hand edge are in Richards Avenue and Beckton Avenue. In the centre, the chimney marks the site of the old Globe Pottery, with a shraff tip in front. The sidings and area to the left have been cleared and replaced with a mixture of park land, commercial, retail and industrial sites.

View Location


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/073-18 (204/33797)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.