Milton Station, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:June 1964

Description:The view north long the railway from the single platform of Milton Station towards the bridge carrying Leek New Road (A53) over the line. This is the old North Staffordshire Railway branch line from Stoke to Leek Brook junction. Milton was one of the original stations on the line, opened in 1867. Passenger services ceased in 1956 and the station was closed although the line remained open for freight until 1988. The pipes to the side are ready for use in a cross country gas pipeline.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/033-24 (204/33141)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.