Hill Street, Stoke upon Trent.

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:July 1963

Description:From near the top of Hill Street, a view south east down towards Campbell Place at the bottom. In the distance is the spoil tip of the Glebe Coliery, Fenton, Glebedale Park today. On the left, halfway down the street is the Essoldo Cinema, an 1800 seat cinema formerly called the Danilo, built in 1939 in Art Deco style. Demolished in 2008.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: Mr Bert Bentley - Creator

Image courtesy of: Stoke on Trent City Archives.

Donor ref:SD1480/009-04 (204/32869)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.