Longton Railway Station

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail

Date:22nd of September 1961

Description:An aerial photograph taken on the 22 September 1961 from the top of Harvey’s chimney shows a steam locomotive leaving Longton Railway Station. Longton Station opened on the Crewe-Derby line of the North Staffordshire Railway in August 1848.
The locomotive is hauling the Crewe-Uttoxeter parcels train that left Crewe at 12:53 , due Longton 1:59 to 2.14 with a scheduled arrival at Uttoxeter at 2:56.


Timeline

The timeline shows resources around this location over a number of years.

1890s
Longton Town Hall
Longton Town Hall

Shows the Town Hall before remodelling. Photograph taken from the bottom of Caroline ...

1930s
Baths Road, Longton
Baths Road, Longton

The sign of the Eagle Public House can be seen high up on the right, with the railway ...

1960s
Longton
Longton

Photograph taken from the car park looking towards the station. In the centre of ...

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Donor ref:(171/22101)

Source: Lovatt Collection, Stoke on Trent City Archives

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.