Minkstone Products Ltd., Longton

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1975 - 1976 (c.)

Description:This photograph shows the partial demolition on the old Victorian Willow Works in Warren Street/Normacot Road belonging to John Shaw & Sons Ltd who occupied the site from 1933 to 1963 producing Burlington Ware. Shaw’s also had other factories in Longton.

Hewitt & Leadbeater, later Hewitt’s, were owners of the works prior to 1933. They made the Willow Art Crested China very similar to that made by W.H. Goss Ltd of Stoke-on-Trent.

Minkstone Cement Products occupied part of this site much later after John Shaw & Sons closed. It is now known as the Minkstone Works because of the impressive cement wall mural commissioned by the Cement Marketing Company that remains in situ. The building was demolished in 1980-81.

Taken from the Gladstone Pottery Museum Photographic Collection. This photograph is part of the collections at Stoke-on-Trent Museums.

View Location

Share:

Link to this resource

Creators: D. Morris. 59 Boma Road, Trentham - Creator

Donor ref:(88/16024)

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.