Werrington Windmill

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1900 - 1910 (c.)

Description:An 18th century brick-built mill built around 1730, which formerly had four sails and a boat cap. It ceased to work by sail in the late 19th century and ground coal towards the end of its life. It was the headquarters of the local Home Guard during the 2nd World War, when it was modified and castellated. The Midlands Electricity Board took over the site in 1952.

Aphotograph taken by Longton photographer William Blake.


Link to this resource

Creators: Mr William Blake - Creator

Donor ref:(40/11919)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.