Copeland Arms Hotel, Copeland Street, Stoke-on-Trent

Move your pointing device over the image to zoom to detail. If using a mouse click on the image to toggle zoom.
When in zoom mode use + or - keys to adjust level of image zoom.

Date:1927 - 1929 (c.)

Description:Copeland Street looking towards Liverpool Road. The bridge crosses the Newcastle branch canal and the building between the stationers and the canal was the police station. Hill and Ainsworth’s bookshop and stationers on the left was the biggest in the area. The Copeland Arms Hotel is on the right. The proprietor in 1928 was Mr Albert E. Baker.
All these buildings were demolished in the early 1970’s, and part of the Civic Centre now stands in place of the bookshop.

View Location


Link to this resource

Donor ref:(5/7042)

Source: The Potteries Museum & Art Gallery

Copyright information: Copyrights to all resources are retained by the individual rights holders. They have kindly made their collections available for non-commercial private study & educational use. Re-distribution of resources in any form is only permitted subject to strict adherence to the usage guidelines.